- Demolish the 1952 classrooms located along the southern exterior of the building and create a new southern facade.
- Renovate the western exterior of LSHS and provide a new western entrance near the current administrative offices.
- Add 60,000 square feet of new construction, including a wide two-story “heart” or “spine” connecting Buildings A, B and C.
- Locate a new, centralized media center in this central connecting building, as well as future-ready, collaboration and innovative learning environments
- Provide light to heavy interior renovations for nearly all instructional and public spaces
- New energy-efficient mechanical and electrical systems for the entire building
- Other proposed additions include a performing arts addition to make theater spaces more ADA accessible, industrial technology labs addition, a new science courtyard and staff collaboration space
- Plans call for consolidated entries and improved internal and external circulation, etc.
Total Budget: $80 million
Location: 400 SE Blue Pkwy
Construction Start Date: January 2021
Construction Completion Date: July 2023
Construction Manager: JE Dunn Construction
Architect: Gould Evans